Monday, May 31, 2010

A question on a Monday night

Why is it that skateboarders these days seem to carry their boards around rather than actually using them???? Now walking along a gravel road, or uphill, or something equally as troublesome I can totally understand carrying the board rather than riding it. And in these same instances I could understand the rational behind hitch-hiking while carrying said board. But why have I seen on more than one occasion in the past couple of days, skateboarders not only carrying their boards but hitchhiking as well???!?!?!? I mean, how lazy can you be? In one instance, the dude was on his way to Mayday and it was literally all down hill... um, get on your board and cruise down the hill dude, what kind of boarder are you?? And the one that I saw this evening on our way home from dinner, the ground was completely flat. Maybe it's as simple as if they're actually riding the skateboard, they won't be as likely to get picked up. And maybe they just need to get somewhere so quickly that they can't afford to not get picked up, so that's why they walk instead of ride. Yet, in my opinion, I'm less liking to pick someone up if they have 'wheels', well, because, they have wheels. So if you're just going to hitchhike anyways and not ride your skateboard, maybe you should just leave it at home and not look like such a tool carrying it around with you!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! I think having a skateboard these days is more of a status symbol than actual mode of transportation.

    ReplyDelete