Monday, May 24, 2010


Hurray!!! May long weekend is just about over and that means the island folk will soon be able to reclaim the ferries once again. However this will only be for a little while longer as summer is just around the corner. As much as I love summer, this means hellish trips to town as the ferry line-ups are ridiculous and overloads become a regular occurrence. The worst part about being caught in an overload is being stuck in the grueling hot sun. You find yourself practically ready to rip your own clothes off to try and find something to shield your body from the burning sun that is literally burning you as you wait like a sitting duck in the parking lot. It sucks!!! However, summer doesn't last forever and in some ways I'm glad that it doesn't. But I love where I live and if I have to miss a few ferries here and there because there are so many people wanting to come take in the beauty of this island, then that's fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous picture! Makes me almost miss summer on the island...almost! ;)

    ReplyDelete