Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mayday

This may seem a little silly, but I am so proud of my little community!!!



It was Mayday on Saturday and let me tell you, it was not the nicest of days to be outside. I mean, there have been worse days in the past with not only rain but fierce winds as well, but it was still a fairly yucky day. The morning started off pretty good and the rain didn't actually start to fall until after the parade, which was fantastic. But despite the weather, people came out and took part and supported the event!!!


It was awesome and it warmed my heart to see all the people there, even though we all knew that the rain was coming and sure enough, it came. It's times like these though that I am so happy to be part of a small community, it is such a nice feeling and I am so happy that we get to raise our son in such a wonderful environment.




That being said, our island is not without its flaws, but on the whole, it is an amazing place.





So even though there was rain and the poor little gaffer was teething with a bit of a fever, Mayday was a success for our little family.

1 comment: