Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Special Day




Well it's Mayday on Saturday. I love Mayday and I'm particularly excited about it this year because it will be the little gaffer's first one!!! He will still be a little small to really understand what's going on, but I can't wait for him to see the parade, to hear the music from the maypole dancers and enjoy a beautiful day out at the spit!!!! Another fabulous thing about Mayday is being able to catch up with old friends who come home for a visit and seeing other islanders that you may not get to see as often as you'd like. It's funny how on an island that's so small, you rarely see everyone!!!

One other aspect of this Mayday that is extra special, is that it will be exactly 11 years ago to the day that my husband and I had our first Mayday together!!! Unfortunately due to a performance over at Painter's Lodge, we missed the parade, but made it to the dance later that evening (but couldn't actually go to the dance because we were under-age). Nonetheless it was a memorable night, one that I still celebrate every year on May 29th. So this year we can remember the anniversary of our first 'date'/kiss and also share this wonderful island celebration with our little guy - I am so excited!!!!

And for a very special man who will not be there this year, this is for you Larry - you will be missed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Mayday! That is something I truly miss about Quadra. My heart goes out to the "enviro- mental" duo as well.

    ReplyDelete