Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monday Rant

So I had lunch plans today with a couple of friends and we had agreed to meet at 12. Initially I had asked to do it at 12:30 so that I could take a later ferry, but one of the girls needed to go and pick up her niece from school, so earlier would be better for her. Not a problem, I was just excited to be getting together for a visit and didn't have a problem coming over earlier. There's always some shopping that needs to be done. So I took the ferry over to town, did a little running around and got to the cafe at 11:50. When I got inside, my friends were already there, which was fantastic, but when I got to the table, I noticed that not only had they already ordered their food, but they were already eating!!!! I mean, how rude is that??? Maybe it's just me, but if I had of been there first, I may have ordered my drink and food, but I would have waited until we were all together before I started eating. At the very least when the last friend arrived I would have said or commented or acknowledged the fact that we'd ordered and hoped that was OK. They didn't say anything!!! I mean, I was there 10 minutes early and they had already gotten their freakin' food and were eating!!! How inconsiderate and rude is that???? I was just pissed off and it totally soured my mood for the rest of our visit.
Anyways, later on in the day one of them asked if something had been wrong earlier and I told her that yes, something was wrong and that I was upset that they hadn't waited for me etc and she wrote back saying that it wasn't intentional that she could see where I was coming from and that she would feel the same, but yet she didn't say 'sorry'.
So it makes me wonder, how good a friends are these people? If I found out that I hurt someones feelings, I would say that I was sorry. Isn't that what you do when you're friends with someone? So if this friend could see where I was coming from and that she would feel the same, wouldn't she want someone to say sorry??? I'm just so sick and tired of unreliable and inconsiderate people. Sometimes I feel like I'm in high school again with all the bullshit that goes on. Maybe it's all me and I'm totally the problem. Maybe I expect too much from these 'so called friends'. I don't know. I don't understand. Maybe it's just as simple as some people are just assholes and there's not much you can do to change that.
Still sucks though...

1 comment:

  1. I'd be pissed too so you're not alone on that. A phone call or something saying "hey we got here early can we order for you?" Big hugs for you! <3

    ReplyDelete