Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hmmm, today has been one of those interesting days...

I woke up this morning and I was inspired by the book I am reading. I think I may have mentioned it in a past entry, but a good friend lent me a book called 'Fit From Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever'. Since each chapter is fairly short, a couple of pages or so, it's perfect for just reading 1 or 2 a day. So this morning the first one that I read was 'Let Your Body Determine Its Right Size and Shape' followed by 'Stay Centered In Today'. I just felt so inspired and uplifted and free. It truly is a fabulous little book and the thing I love the most about it is the writer's humor, it totally speaks to me. So that was my morning and it was a great way to start my day.

Towards the middle of my day is where things that soured yesterday became less sour but I have to admit, I still have a bad taste in my mouth. I'm happy that things are no longer as 'hostile' as they seemed but I don't really have a good feeling about it all and in fact the bad taste is making me feel somewhat ill. But again, I am happy that this particular situation has improved because it really could only go one way. However, when you decide to leave "the past in the past" can you really do that??? Is it really possible to forgive and forget?? Forgive maybe, but I'm like an elephant, I NEVER forget!!! It is one of my numerous flaws. Something happens and I'm bitter about it for a while. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds, that's for sure!!!

And now I am baby proofing my house!!! My little gaffer has decided to not just army crawl around the living room but instead follow mommy where ever she goes. So now I have moved the cat food out of reach and picked up all the loose coins that were on the floor and all that fun stuff!! As exciting as it is, it truly is a pain in the arse!!

So that has been my day thus far! I am looking forward to a quiet evening with a nice cup of tea and maybe even a foot rub if I can talk my husband into that, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Well good luck talking your husband into the foot rub! Glad the little book is speaking your language. I just ordered it so you can officially keep that copy! :) And I'm sure that the bad taste will fade in time as long as you let it ;)

    ReplyDelete