Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Apology

I just want to apologise for criticizing other people's parenting. It is a very un-cool thing to do and I have no right to do it. I'm not a perfect parent nor do I claim to be, but I'm sure I do things that some people would disagree with and I wouldn't want to be criticized either. But I would like to know if I was doing something that was just all out wrong, but that's not what this post is about. I can admit that I am what you would call a 'first time mom'. I probably do things a little too by the book, but I have my babies best interest at heart and I feel like what I'm doing is the right thing. Just like I'm sure some of the mom's that I've written about feel like they're doing the right thing. I'm not going to delete any past entries because I'm not apologising for how I was feeling. But I am sorry for ranting about the way other people parent their kids. Who cares what you feed your baby or dress them in or whatever. That's your deal. You're the parent, you get to choose and say what goes for your kid. Who am I to judge?? And that's just the thing, I shouldn't be judging. Period!!!! That being said, the sun is really rough and tough, so please, please put a hat on your child if it's hot out and/or sunny and you're going to have them out and about. :) And that by the way, was not me being judgmental. That was me just giving a friendly reminder ;)

2 comments:

  1. I kinda sorta love criticizing other ppls parenting, because, well, obviously I'm a perfect parent, so no one meets my level of amazingness. In fact, I believe that ppl should just expect and accept it from me.

    Erm... ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a wonderful mom whether you do things by the book or not. And seeing as I have two kids, can I be judgemental for you?! He He!

    ReplyDelete