Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday is the day of complaining!!!!

I am struggling today. And stressing. And wishing more than anything that money grew on trees and that I only had to go back to work if I wanted to or when I wanted to!!!

It is June 6th today and I have a month to try and get my son to like the bottle or enjoy taking formula from a sippy cup and so far I haven't had any luck with either!!! It is so frustrating because when he was 5 weeks old I started giving him breast milk in a bottle so that he would get used to the idea and he took to it like nothing!! I stopped giving him the bottle 3 months later because I was having difficulty pumping and at that point, it wasn't worth the stress and the hassle to keep pumping just so that I could give him a bottle. What I SHOULD have done was kept up with giving him a bottle once a day with formula in it so that when it came time to go back to work, there would be no problems.

Little Gaffer - 7 weeks old with no trouble taking the bottle

Well I am having problems now and it sucks!!! He completely freaks out when the bottle comes anywhere near him and he takes a drink from the sippy cup and then won't touch it again. So what am I supposed to do now??? I know what I would like to do. I would like to just be able to stay at home with him and not have to worry about getting him to take formula. I want to just be able to breastfeed him for as long as he'd like to and then transition over to homo milk after his first birthday. I wish that I could just stay at home and not have to worry about money or childcare or any of the other hassles that have been plaguing me with stress and worry.



Drinking from his sippy cup - no problems with that, unless of course you put formula in it :S


It just sucks because I don't know anything about being a 'working mom'. I grew up with my Mom being at home - being there before I left and being there when I got home (usually with lots of yummy homemade goodies). This is what I know and what I am used to. I honestly can't even remember any of my friend's having mom's that didn't stay at home. Sure maybe they did some work once we were in school, but for the most part our moms were at home where, in my opinion, they are needed. Nowadays it seems like most, if not all, of my friends are having to go back to work and find some other alternative for their babies. It's one thing if that's something you want to do or are looking forward to doing because there is nothing wrong with being a career woman and still having a family and raising kids. But that is not me. I have never been a career woman so why would I want to start now that I have a baby??

It's frustrating!!!! I'm frustrated!!!!

But at least I still have some time and my return to work date isn't really set in store. So I will just keep on trying and hopefully he'll take the formula. Unless of course I find one of those sought after money trees ;)




1 comment:

  1. Hugs and kisses to you! Sorry that you have to go back to work! If I find a money tree I will be sure to bring it out to you when I come out in August!

    ReplyDelete