Sunday, June 13, 2010

In the garden today...

It was a beautiful day again today and I found myself out out in the yard again. These were just some of the things that I found in my garden today...



Snap Dragons - these are the wild ones that are EVERYWHERE in my garden!!! I just love them though, they are so funky and actually look like little mini dragons - too cute!!!!

Lupines - these are one of my favorite flowers from my childhood because I always used to think that they smelt like pepper. They don't really, but do have a spicy kind of scent to them.



A friendly butterfly that I followed all over the yard trying to take it's picture. I'm glad that it wasn't too camera shy ;)





Some friends over on the island who happened to stop by for a visit after their afternoon hike...
And perhaps the most important
and
wonderfully amazing thing
that I found in my garden today...


my little gaffer!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! I'm pretty jealous of your lupines! I think mine croaked! Can't wait to sit in the garden with you and the little gaffer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I can't wait for you and your little critters to come and join me and my gaffer in the garden - it will be SO nice!!! Hurry up and get here already!!!!

    ReplyDelete