Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love and Happiness

It's hard to believe that my husband and I got married 5 years ago tomorrow. Funny how it seems like way longer but yet 5 years feels like a great accomplishment all at the same time. Maybe it feels longer for the fact that we have been together for over 11 years now. That and the fact that some many relationships don't even make it to the 5 year mark or people are divorcing by this point. But 5 years ago, here we were on this very island getting ready to walk down the isle the next day.

*Sigh*

I loved our wedding. There are things that I might have changed, but I loved it because it was us. It was simple and relaxed. One of the best things and perhaps my favorite was the music. My bridesmaids walked down to 'Over the Rainbow' by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole' and I walked down to Bob Marley's 'Is this Love'. It was awesome.

Here are a few pictures from the day.









I'm not entirely sure what the plan is for tomorrow. Normally we go camping for our anniversary but since we have the baby now, I wasn't really sure if we should go or not. Well now I'm wishing that we had, but oh well. We'll get to that eventually!!! I was thinking it might be nice to go swimming and then go to the beach for a picnic. A walk at the spit might be nice too. I think Grandma will come over tomorrow night so that we can go out for a night on the town just the two of us. It should be nice.

Hope you have a good day and if you have a chance, you have a listen to some Bob or even some Israel.

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

    Your pictures are as beautiful as the lovely ppl in them.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love the picture of you smelling the roses, I've never seen that one! And I think of you every time I hear 'over the rainbow.' I heard it once in Chapters last winter and got a bit teary thinking about you!

    Happy Anniversary you two! Love you bunches! xoxo

    ReplyDelete