Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reflection

I'm not even sure where to start, but I just wanted to say how lucky and grateful I am. I feel like I don't write enough 'happy' blogs and that I'm always complaining or bitching about this or that. I would have to go back and actually take a look to see what I have written lately to know whether this is true or not. But over the past couple of days a few things have come to light that made me realize just how fortunate I am. I have an amazing husband who is working away from home to better our family and even though I have been missing him like crazy and wishing for nothing more than my best friend, I know that there are people out there who have either lost their best friends or have come close to it. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost him and I'm sure he knows this, but I love him so much and I am so grateful that he's in my life. Then there is that beautiful little creature who is sound asleep in the other room - I can't even find the words to express how much that little boy means to me. True, I did call him awful the other day, but he's really not. He is awesome and such a character and means everything to me. He is my world and I would do anything for him. And I have this friend who has a little girl, not much older than my little guy, that is sick and it breaks my heart. I just felt awful because here I was complaining about the fact that my little guy went sour on me and was miserable and here is this amazing friend of mine dealing with her daughter in the hospital. I'm not saying that what I was going through that day wasn't something but it just really put things into perspective.
So I just wanted to say how grateful I am for my family and my friends and for all the good things in my life. It is not without its flaws and imperfections, but I am so lucky.
And to my friend, you are amazing and your strength and love is so inspiring. I look forward to the next time we can get our little munchkins together for a visit. Hope your little angel feels better soon. We're thinking about you. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment