Monday, July 12, 2010

You know what I need?? A vacation!!! I want nothing more than to escape this beautiful little island and go somewhere that nobody knows my name. As much as I love it here, there are some days that I don't want to have to say hello to 20 different people just to go and get the mail. And there are days when I don't feel like putting real clothes on to go to the store, but you just know on those days when you're wearing your ratty pj's and shirt with a hole in it you'll run into someone and while you're standing there talking to them you're feeling like shit for looking like a scrub. Or at least that's how I feel anyways, lol. So as much as I love it here, I wish that there was more anonymity sometimes. Even when I go to the other side of the island for groceries I still see people that I know. But don't get me wrong - it is nice to run into people that you haven't seen for awhile or those that you really enjoy seeing on a day to day or week to week basis. Maybe there could be a hat or a pair of glasses that you could put on for days when you don't want to talk to anyone or don't want anyone to know that it's you...do you think that would work??? Might be kinda nice!!!
But I think realistically, a vacation is probably a more likely option. Especially since I don't think it will go over very well for me to ask everyone else to leave in order for me to have a holiday ;)

3 comments:

  1. Talking to ppl? Pfft. I don't talk to anyone when I go to the store or check the mail. Small talk kills me. I'd rather gouge out my left eye then partake in it. I refuse to make eye contact with ppl too, if you do, they know that you've seen them, then they've got you and they'll talk at you! Sometimes, I don't even talk to the cashier, or look at them. Pfft, why should I?

    Did you get all that? I'll go over it again, just in case.

    Don't make eye contact.

    Pretend you don't see them.

    If you look at them accidentily, unfocus your eyes as if you are deep in thought and haven't actually seen them.

    If for some reason someone does talk at you, respond with, "meh..." and scurry quickly to the side while keeping your eyes averted.

    These are GEMS of wisdom I'm sharing with you, Kristi.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody knows your name here but me! I won't think you're a scrub wearing your pj's and a tshirt with a hole in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, oh Lissy thank you so much for your words of wisdom!!! They are too fabulous!!!
    Is that a hint Maya that I need to some and see you?? :) Sure would be nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete