Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wind Storm Numero Uno

I have been talking about Fall a lot lately and it is definitely official, Fall is here. We had our first wind storm of the season here yesterday and through the night and into today. It wasn't unlike any other wind storm that we've had, although there's something a little unsettling when you're alone and the house is making all sorts of freaky noises due to the wind. So I found myself awake for awhile in the middle of the night - I swear I thought the house was going to cave into itself due to the shear force of the gusts - and I got up to check on the baby before going back to sleep. Just as I was going into his room, the power went out and then came back on with a loud BANG BANG and from the kitchen I could see an orange glowing coming from outside my living room window. To the window I went and outside on the power line along the road was a beautifully frightening little fire. I was already on edge due to the wind and to see a fire that close to my house (to be honest it wasn't really that close, but too close for comfort) was just too much. Ya, it wasn't really all that fun.
I just hope that all of the wind storms this season aren't this eventful. A power-outage is one thing, but fireworks are a completely different story. I don't want to see the orange glow of a fire from my window anytime soon, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment