Saturday, September 18, 2010

Craziness

It feels like I've finally had a moment to catch my breath. The past few days have been a whirlwind of craziness and I am so thankful for this quiet, rainy morning and delicious hot cup of tea (the tea isn't quite ready yet, but when it is, it will be amazing!!!!).
We got the call we'd been waiting for regarding work for my husband, although it came in the usual undesired rushed fashion. So on Wednesday he was asked to come back to work, but he had to leave Thursday to be in Ontario for an orientation on Friday. Craziness. And to top it all off, my Mom's cat was dying and needed to be put down so we had that to help deal with as well. But we managed to get over to town and get the important things that were needed, came home and gave the cat a burial under the blossoming cherry tree, and then came home and packed like crazy because we had to go back over to town that night to be at the airport at the right time the next morning. That's definitely one down side to living on an island and needing to be on a plane at 7am. It all worked out in the end and he arrived safely. But I've just been so busy picking up the pieces since he left.
Our yard is a disaster - correction, WAS a disaster. And after taking him to the airport, I was a little blindsided when I got home and had to ran around like a crazy woman to tidy up and organize the yard and put the house back together after ram sacking it to gather his things together. Then there's the harvesting from the garden which is time sensitive and needs to be done and while none of this is 'major', it just feels like a lot in such a short period of time.
But I'm off to enjoy that nice cup of tea and savor the last few moments before my son gets up.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the craziness cools off quickly! I can sympathize with you. Hope you managed to get your yummy cup of tea this morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete