Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rant of the day...

I usually call my rants 'Monday night rant' or in this case 'Saturday night rant' but I think I may just go with rant of the day. I don't rant everyday, but I also don't blog everyday either...

Anyways, there is a particular toy I am after for my little guy for Christmas. It is the Fisher-Price Little People's Wheelies Stand'N Play Rampway...such a mouthful but it's cool. I have seen ads on TV for it and when I got the holiday flyer in the mail from Superstore there it was and for a pretty decent deal too. I was so excited to get this for him. So the next time I went to town I looked for it. There in the toy isle on the shelf was the tag, with the price in yellow to show that it was on sale ($37), but to my disappointment the spot was empty. I asked an guy who worked there if they had anymore in the back and he was pretty sure it hadn't come in yet but that stock day was Saturday. So I thought, no problem I'll come back another time. Well I went back later and the spot was still empty. This was probably a week or so later. By this point I was getting a little frustrated to say the least. Where was the toy?? There was a spot all ready for it, why wasn't it there?? Why would they even bother to make the spot and put on the sale price if they weren't even going to have the item in stock?? I figured since they had the spot and the yellow tag all ready to go, that meant they'd be getting it in...wouldn't you think the same thing??? Anyways, I was back over in town today and thought I would check to see if it was there and guess what I found??? Not only was the shelf still empty but the sale was now over too, which means when and if they ever do get this toy in stock, I'll have to pay full price for it!!!! What's the point in advertising something and even making room for it and marking it in yellow if you're not evening going to have said item while it's on sale?? Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?? Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off...
I wonder if this toy even really exists...

2 comments:

  1. Did you complain? Talk to Customer Service? If you don't make a stink you won't get what you want... actually, I usually get someone else to make a stink about such things (my MIL), but it still works out the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh I hate that! Especially at Superstore!

    ReplyDelete