Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rantings about an "eyebrow baby"

I have an "eyebrow baby". For those of you who don't know what that means, I will fill you in. On the Simpson's, Maggie and this other baby that has a uni brow, whom I refer to as the 'eyebrow baby', are like arch enemies and are always giving each other dirty looks and whatnot. You never really learn anything about this other baby with the uni brow, only that he and Maggie hate one another. So I have my own "eyebrow baby", although it's not really a baby and she doesn't have a uni brow. I think it's one sided, meaning that I am the one that has the problem, but you never know, it could go both ways. I'm definitely not without my flaws, that's for sure. One of the main reasons I have such a problem with this other person is because I'm insecure and have a green eyed monster that lives within me*. It's kinda hard to explain, but this person seems to be everywhere I am, talking to everyone I'm talking to, doing things that I want to do or maybe even wish I could do - stuff like that. It feels almost like I have nothing of my own. I will admit it, I'm petty and silly, and it probably sounds ridiculous, but it bugs me and makes me angry. It also doesn't help that she likes to hear herself talk, can be extremely condescending, and has the most bogus ideas when it comes to parenting. I know I'm walking a fine line in talking about another persons parenting skills, because I am far from being the perfect parent, nor will I ever claim to be, but some of the things she's done and even says are just nuts!!! I don't know about you, but when I'm out in public and my baby lets out an little squeal of delight, I don't pounce on him and get angry about it - they're babies, they're happy, what's the problem??? And I also don't go around giving my baby foods that they shouldn't be having, KNOW that they shouldn't be having it, but still do it anyways, AND encourage other moms to do it too just so that I won't be the only one!!!! Like, what the hell??? So in case you haven't noticed I have issues with this person, which is why I refer to her as my eyebrow baby. Part of my bitch stems from the fact that I saw her today and my feelings were hurt and what do we do when we're hurting or feeling insecure??? Pick on somebody else of course!!! Or at least that's what petty, ridiculous, insecure, jealous, silly people like me do.
But enough of my ranting and raving. What's done is done and in all honestly, the incident wasn't really all that bad. I'm just tired of feeling like a third wheel or being just an after-thought. It's depressing and makes me feel like crap.
Anyways, my brain has shut down now, so I think I should do the same with my computer for tonight.
Goodnight. Or good morning, or maybe even good afternoon, depending on what time it is when you read this.

*The green eyed monster will be explained more in a future post, I am too tired to go down that path tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 You! And unlike the 'eyebrow baby' you are a wonderful, amazing, caring, unselfish, talented woman and mother! Maybe you should just move to Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I hope I'm not the "eyebrow baby" lol
    Maya NO! please don't take her from me! You are an awesome mommy and Spencer is blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete