Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Overwhelming Love






My son will be 8 months old in a week and as I was feeding him to put him down for his nap, I couldn't help but stare at him with wonder and think about how amazing he is!!!
When we found out that I was pregnant, I was excited and I would envision what it would be like to have a baby, but nothing can prepare you for that moment when you hear the first cry - I'm actually having a hard time trying to find the words to describe it. But I would think about it, and I was like, "ya, it will be great", but it's so much more than that and I honestly didn't think I would love him/her as much as I do. I just never expected to feel this way, and I guess I never knew how instantly you fall in love with this beautiful little stranger and it's incredible how overwhelming and engulfing that love is. It reminds me of the Grinch when his heart grows at the end - your heart grows and expands and feels like there's no possible way that you have enough room in your chest but you do. It truly is an amazing feeling.
So I just thought I would share some of him with you - his first moments of life, meeting his parents for the first time, and just a few other of my favorite pictures of him. Unfortunately, they're not in the order I would like them to be in. But if you start at the bottom and work your way up, he grows and changes :) The first picture was actually taken this morning after I put him down for his nap. Enjoy!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment