Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love nose


I have always had a thing for smelling things. Seems like I always have my nose in something - flowers, coffee, checking to see whether meat is good or bad, seeing if my son needs his diaper changed, etc. One of my favorite smells is freshly cut grass *sigh*. There is something so familiar about it, comforting and exhilarating at the same time. I absolutely LOVE that smell. I always have and always will. I guess it's a good thing that I like it so much because my husband runs his own landscaping business. He's actually been away working on Ontario and came home on Friday after being away for 4 weeks, but was back to his landscaping this week to tie up loose ends and finish off the 'season'. It kind of sucks that he's home on days off from Ontario but still has to work, but that's life I suppose. It's been so nice to have him home again and I am going to enjoy every moment he's here. But yesterday he was working, doing hedges and mowing lawns, and when he came home and he smelled just like freshly cut grass - familiar, comforting, and still exhilarating.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that's unbelievably sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our road trip to Alberta, I was locked in a car for 18hrs with a small girl that farts every few minutes...

    She told us that the smell was an adventure for our noses.

    "It's an adventure," quietly spoken from the backseat, was our warning for the silent/violent type.

    I think your nose should be glad it missed out on that adventure.

    However, if your nose is ever bored, give me a call, I'll have an adventure waiting just for you.

    ReplyDelete