Saturday, February 12, 2011

Positive Thinking

My heart is a little heavy tonight with worry and stress over the fact that my little guy is sick. We went to the Dr this morning and discovered that his has an ear infection and were prescribed some antibiotics. I was really hoping that tonight would not be a replay of last nights crappy events, but so far ear infection/fever - 2, Mommy and babe - O.

So I need to channel my energy and focus on positive thoughts to keep myself from completely breaking down. There is nothing worse than watching your poor little one suffer and there is nothing you can do about it.

I was lucky enough to receive a beautiful gift from a friend for Christmas, a fridge magnet with an apache blessing on it. As I came out from the gaffer's room, after putting him back to bed after his 4th or 5th cooling bath today, it caught my eye and I just wanted to share it with you.

may the sun,
bring you new energy by day

may the moon,
softly restore you by night

may the rain,
wash away your worries

may the breeze,
blow new strength into your being

may you walk,
gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.
- apache blessing

Despite the torrential down pour and gusts of wind that we had today, I would really appreciate some more rain and wind tonight, with a touch of moon ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you both. I hope he's feeling better today!! xo

    ReplyDelete