Sunday, February 6, 2011

So excited!!!

Once upon a time a friend of mine lent me a book on finances and getting out of debt and all that fun stuff. However she also sent a few other books along with that one and to be honest I never got around to reading it so it went back home with her. That seems like forever ago now and nothing has changed in my world financially.

Recently I reread a wonderful fluff book (fluff books are those that are easy reads that you could polish off in just a couple of hours if you want to) and despite the rather easy-goingness of it, I found myself feeling slightly uneasy about some of the similarities (Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella if you're interested. I just love her books. So much fun to read and just a really good little read. I've actually been reading a lot of her books lately.) Anyways...

This past week my Visa bill came in this mail and instead of just paying the standard amount like I always do, I decided to open it up and see what it had to say and I was appalled. There in the sidelines was the horror that if I kept on just paying the minimum amount every month it would take me 49 years to pay off my Visa.
49 YEARS!!!!!
I couldn 't believe it!!!! So needless to say I decided right then and there that something had to change.
And now I have a plan :) A very very good plan. And it's funny because I'm following guidelines from the very lady who wrote the book that my friend lent me in the first place.
But I am SO excited!!! It feels good to have a plan and for things to hopefully be significantly better if not resolved in 3 years rather than 49!!! Can you even imagine, 49 years to pay off a Visa bill???!!!?!?!?!!! No way!!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it disgusting??!! Debt is a terrible thing! I'm glad you've gotten a plan though! It's always exciting when things seem to fall into place! Happy Debt Dissolving!

    ReplyDelete