Saturday, June 25, 2011

love love love

Today is my 6 year wedding anniversary and it is the first time that I won't be spending it with my husband.




I loved our wedding!!! It was so simple and laid back and suited us just fine. We had a potluck affair with about a 120 guests and I walked down the isle to Bob Marley's 'Is this Love' - it was perfect!!! Of course there are always things you'd like to go back and tweak, but on the whole I loved our day.


So while I'm sad that he's not here and wishing that we could spend the day together, we were lucky enough to go out and celebrate when he was home. It was actually a trip down watery lane, as we took the water taxi from April Point to Painter's Lodge and had dinner up at the pub. 12 years earlier we took the same route from Painter's to the island the first time he came to Quadra to go to the Mayday dance. Ah, the memories.



So Happy Anniversary to my love, my best friend, and the most amazing man that I know - I love you!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you two! So glad to have been part of that day 6 years ago!! I still think of you when I hear 'Over the Rainbow' as that song was at your wedding too! Hugs and kisses to you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete